Friday, March 11, 2011

A Fine Japanese/Chinese/ Thai Restaurant in Pensacola

I feel that I would be offering a nice service to my readers if I could occasionally give a "thumbs-up" to restaurants in the Pensacola that my wife and I have enjoyed eating at. As my previous post today explained, I by no means intend for this to be a 100% reliable way to get critical information about Pensacola dining establishments! It is solely based on my take of the restaurant. It is certainly based on my honest OPINION of the restaurant, which you are free to take or leave. With that said, let me review Two Stix.

Last night for our weekly ritual "date night," my wife and I visited Two Stix on Brent Lane near Cordova Mall. What was once a cowboyish steak house was converted into a mellow restaurant with jazz playing. With your choice of hibachi or menu dining, Two Stix offers a relaxed and thoughtful atmosphere for eating. With friendly staff and a great choice of Asian-style cuisine, it is a solid choice for a couple or family looking for a night out from the kitchen. The mood of Two Stix reminds us of a classy dining establishment more likely found in a larger city. No need to dress up, though, as most restaurants in Pensacola easily tolerate shorts and sandals (this is the South and a beach!) We have always visited during the week, and it has not always been overly busy. This does make us worry about the long term viability of such a place, though! The restaurant does include both an alcohol and sushi bar (which have never been roudy during our visits). Pricing is not outrageous. Food-wise, we prefer either a chicken bento box or "honey crispy" chicken. We have yet to be disappointed by these offerings. We have always had great wait staff, including a smart lady last night who even identified a favorite drink of ours as Vietnamese rather than Japanese or Chinese. She also recommended a tasteful dessert, mochi ice cream, which was ice cream covered in a rice blanket. It was a unique dessert that did not disappoint. My only complaint was that the appetizer and dessert did not come in large portions, but, then again, a classy dining establishment would not want to ruin the main course with the "befores" and "afters." We left Two Stix last night relaxed and not overly full, which is not like the feeling of leaving many buffet driven restaurants in Pensacola.

Final rating? Like Asian food? 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment